Icebergs, hot springs and volcanoes are plentiful in Iceland. Join this popular tour and discover how Nature's forces are shaping the world. Lava fields, volcanoes and the history of Icelandic eruptions will be the focus of your journey. The tour covers the major attractions of the south including the infamous Eyjafjallajokull volcano, glaciers, geysers and waterfalls as well as the beautiful Westman islands.
- Airport arrival (Hotel transfer not included).
- Ferry to Westman Island.
- South Shore – Skógar – Víkking.
- Kirkjubæjarklaustur - Skaftafell – Jökulsárlón.
- Gullfoss – Geysir – Þingvellir – Reykjavík.
- Departure day.
- Four days guided tour as per itinerary from & to Reykjavík is included.
- Accommodation two nights with breakfast and with facilities in Reykjavík is included.
- Accommodation three nights with breakfast and with facilities in countryside is included.
- Two dinners in the countryside day 3 and 4 is included.
- On day two Entrance to Eldheimar Museum and roundtrip ferry fare to Westman Islands is included.
- On day three entrance to Skógar folk museum and entrance to Eyjafjallajökull visitor centre is included.
- On day four Jökulsárlón boat tour is included.
- All departures are guaranteed with minimum of 2 participants and a maximum group size of 32 peoples.
DAY 01 – Airport arrival (Hotel transfer not included)
Airport arrival, transfer to hotel is not included. In the evening take the time to explore Iceland’s capital.
Note: Overnight stay in Reykjavík.
DAY 02 – Ferry to West man Island
Today your journey begins along the coast to Landeyjarhöfn harbour. Upon arrival board a ferry to the Westman islands. The exploration begins with Heimaey Island, the largest of the Westman Islands. Other adventures of the day include: a visit to the puffins in Storhofdi, a walk up to the crater of a volcano that erupted only a few decades ago, visiting Eldheimar Museum and exploring flora of the new lava field. The evening is left free to do as you please.
Note: Overnight stay in Westman Islands.
DAY 03 – South Shore – Skógar – Vík
On day three you will board another ferry leaving Westman islands to Skogar and Skogafoss waterfall. Upon arrival visit Thorvaldseyri Farm located at the foot of the world famous Eyjafjallajokull volcano that last erupted in the spring of 2010. Here guests can view a 20 minute film about the spectacular natural event. The next stop will be at the Skogar Folk Museum before continuing on, passing Solheimajokull Glacier to the black Reynisfjara beach.
Note: Dinner and overnight stay in Vik area.
Day 04 – Kirkjubæjarklaustur – Skaftafell – Jökulsárlón
Today you will cross Eldhraun, the largest mass of lava that has ever flown on the face of the earth. After passing through the small town of Kirkjubaejarklaustur you will arrive at Skaftafell National Park, one of Iceland’s most outstanding areas of natural beauty. The journey then continues to the stunning Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon to see floating icebergs & the possibility of seeing some seals.
Note: You will then be escorted back to the Vik area for dinner and an overnight stay.
DAY 05 – Gullfoss – Geysir – Þingvellir – Reykjavík
On day 5 you will head for the hot springs and geysirs in vik following a journey to Gullfoss, one of Iceland’s most impressive waterfalls. Your next stop will be Thingvellir National Park where the ancient parliament met for centuries on the shores of Iceland’s largest lake.
Note: You will then be escorted back to Reykjavik for an overnight stay.
DAY 06 – Departure Day.
Departure (airport transfer not included).